So everyone who has been reading from the beginning knows how much I love Harry Potter. The books, the movies, the idea of Hogwarts and the Wizarding World, everything is amazing. J.K Rowling is my god...
Anyway, the last few months have been busy and I feel out of my obsession for a while. However, recently I decided to re-read the first book becasue it had been over a year and as soon as my eyes hit that first sentence, once again, I was hooked. There is no better feeling than taking the Hogwarts Express to your first year at Hogwarts.
I can't even begin to describe how much I wanted to go to Hogwarts, and still would even to this day. It's a place full of magic and wonder where anything can happen and where true friendships are made. It's my favrotie way to escape the world and go somewhere where I love.
((seeing as I've been watching Sex And The City a lot lately, some of my posts may start to sound like something you may hear on the show. :) ))
I ignorance really bliss? If your boyfriend was cheating on you, would you rather know and be unhappy or not know and remain happy? Not that that is what's happening to me, no, not at all, it just seemed like the perfect example for what I was trying to express. Would you really want to know something that would make you unhappy?
Or what about physically ignoring something...or someone... that's my issue. I'm not doing the ignoring, I'm the ignored. He says he's not doing it on purpose, that he has other things on his mind. But there are times where he could come up to me and show in some way that he cares for me. Even just saying hi or giving me a look, anything that shows that I'm on his mind at all. I feel like hearing that he was cheating would feel similar to having him act like I don't exsist at all...
I've seen these on other blogs and was always wondering how they work, now I know thanks to Becky from
Preppy Premed who nominated me for not one, but TWO amazing blogger awards!! To me, this is amazing because I can remember when my blog was small and me and one friend were the only followers, now, I have 20 and I thank you all so much for your love!
Each Nominee Should:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link to their site
4. Share seven completely random facts about yourself
5. Include this set of rules
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination
My facts: (sorry if I have said them already somewhere on the blog)
1) I am from Alaska and to this day it remains my favorite place in the entire world. (Noting that I've only been to like 6 states...)
2) I have been writing sense I was in grade 4 and finished my first full book in grade 6; however, the book kinda sucked and I can barely believe I wrote that...
3) I'm not going to lie, The Jonas Brothers are my guilty pleasure. Listening to their music always makes me happy and I love their songs.
4) My favorite TV show is Sex and the City even though I'm only 16.
5) My current favorite food is Hot Cheetos (I used to hate them but now they're amazing!!)
6) My favorite book series is Harry Potter with out a question. I'm a HUGE Potterhead. I own soooo much HP stuff and I'm proud of it.
7) I've recently developed the 'I don't care if you think something I do is wrong becasue I see nothing wrong with it and I know what's right for me' attitude and I'm sorta loving not caring what other people think of me.
The Liebster Award is for up and coming bloggers (200 followers or less) that you think deserve recognition for their fabulous blogging abilities.
Here's how this award process works...
Each nominee should:
1.Choose five blogs to give the Liebster Award to.
2.Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3.Post the award on your blog.
4.List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites.
5.Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
6.Share five random facts about yourself
1) I like cold weather better than hot weather even though I love to swim and lay in the sun with my friends. It's just so much easier to warm up in the cold than it is to cool down in the hot.
2) One of my best friends and I have a plan to watch movies this summer and we've made a list of 37 movies and counting...
3) I sorta want to take up golf...
4) My favorite color is green because it's pretty and simple.
5) I love taking pictures of clouds. I love in focus they are and how the colors play on each other.
so... in the sake of time and effort (seeing as it's REALLY hot in Portland today and I'd rather not spend the entire afternoon working on this post) I'm going to nominate 10 bloggers for both awards rather than doing them both and ending up with a list of 20 people.
Guys, I'm soooooooo sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. I've been really busy seeing as the wedding is like 18 days away. Things have been really crazy. Trojan women is going well and the Speech team is getting ready to plan Sweet Speeches which will be in early June. Not much blog-worthy has been going on however, I promise to post more as soon as I get the time.
And if any Madison kids are reading this post: Don't Stop Believing fully supports Hannah and Lorene for co-presidents. :)
Recently, my life has been writing and preforming Poetry. Last Saturday for Speech and Debate I performed my Poetry for 4 judges and will find out where I placed in a few hours (though it wasn't in the top three). And just last night a few friends and I competed at our school's 8th annual Poetry Slam. I didn't make it very far, but it was still fun. And to me, it's not about winning, it's about enjoying what you love to do, which for me is performing Poetry.
So I wasn't able to take many photos during Easter but I do have things to report (and I'm sorry for lack of photos on this post)
1) Spent the morning watching Mamma Mia alone in bed-- which is always fantastic!
2) Made an amazing Fruit Salad for the Easter Dinner
3) Danced and sung with my sisters and my mom while cooking all morning
4) played Risk with my sister before and after dinner
5) Had a huge dinner at like 1 pm -- so it was more like lunch, but still.
6) Broke down and had some peeps and chocolates! -- Peeps= like the best candy ever!!
7) took a four hour long nap --which made up for not sleeping on Saturday due to our district tournament
8)woke up at like 8:30 pm and had more food-- by this point i was hungry again
9) got to borrow Gilmore Girls season 4 from my sister! -- best show ever
10) fell asleep watching Gilmore girls.
well there are my Tuesday 10 this week.
and just to get it out there: Districts went... alright... we got 3rd place in our district (out of 4 schools) and we are going to be sending 2 people to State: Miles in Radio and Lexie in Student Congress. I'm proud of my team even though we didn't do too well. It was a fun day and I enjoyed just being with all my friends doing what I love to do. :)
So about a month ago my friend James asked to make a guest post for my blog to get some readers onto his blog and I have been so far behind on everything that I had forgotten all about it. So this is me posting it now:
check out his blog by clicking here to see a special post made for my awesome readers :)
You see, I have two blogs. One is about movies, the other, about music. This blog is my music one and man, do I love. For the next 18 posts or so, I'll be delving into each and every genre of music I have on my iTunes and writing about my favorite songs of each genre. And I'm going in alphabetcial order. In this case, A-W. I'd highly encourage everyone to take a look at this blog and you might like what you read.
So today the cast list was posted for the next play: The Trojan Women. I had auditioned with my friends as all my friends are theater people and I couldn't wait to know who i was casted as. Turns out i did pretty well in auditions because I was given the part of Cassandra, who is one of the leads in the play. This characters has a lot of monologues and is pretty depressed and upset during the play, but it seems like a fun part to play because in Our Town I had played the Stage Manager who didn't get to have any emotions and wasn't hard to play. This role seems fun because I'll actually get to make a character and act as someone who isn't remotely close to how i really am :) More to come.
Take a look down below to the left. Do you see what I see? I see 20 followers!!! forgive me for my teenage girl moment but: OMG!!! These last 2 months have been a great few months for the blog and I can't wait to seem my tiny creation grow even more. Thank you for everyone who follows and reads and helps to make my little blog grow. I love seeing it grow and I love reading the comments and Emails that I get from all you amazing people :) once again thanks :) and remember: Don't Stop Believing :) (yes, I know it was corny, but I had to)
Are worth it, right? If you don't let yourself give someone another chance, you never know how your future would have gone differently. I for one hate asking myself, "What If?" Because it makes me want to kick myself for not finding out when I had the chance.
So why do I feel like my friends who tell me not to give a second chance are right? They obviously have good intentions and want what's best for me. But I also feel like I have to figure out on my own, even if that may mean getting hurt again. I just have to know for sure.
Anyone miss me? I surely missed blogging everyday. And I've got a lot to catch up on when it comes to reading my favorite blogs. Gosh, you go away for a week and miss so much...
In more fun news... SPRING IS HERE! Even here in the wet and rainy Portland Oregon, we've been getting some sun. I'm so excited to have a break from the rain even if it is a small break and probably won't last long.
My break was uneventful. I spent most of it writing a new story and texting my friends. One thing I learned over the week is that it may be time to cut ties to some people and relationships and just willingly let go before i let myself get hurt again... Even though I don't want to and I know it'll be hard, it'll be better for me in the long run.
Districts for Speech and Debate are on Saturday and I'm really nervous. I'll be doing Poetry and DI which is Dramatic Interp. I hope I do well, I would love to be able to go to State.
Also auditions for the next play will be soon, We'll be doing The Trojan Women, which is a Greek tragedy. We'll also be doing this play outside in the courtyard... but knowing Portland... it'll probably be raining.
Anyway, only like 50 more days of school and they're going to be a busy 50-some-odd days. ugh!